App Review Series ~ Have You Joined Path?
App Review Series: This series is written by members of Social Fabric to educate other members about new apps, how to use them, and their opinions about the apps. These are not sponsored posts, but written by members that volunteered to do a review.
I love using social media networks, and I like the fact that they each do their own special thing. When I want to check in, I go to Foursquare. When I want to post a new cute picture of the kids, I go to Instagram. When I just want to shoot out a quick thought or question, I head to Twitter. And sometimes, I want to do it all. Some of these apps allow me to share across multiple networks, but not all of them.
And one thing that none of them do, is allow me to access the feed from multiple networks all in one place. Luckily, I have a brand new app for that, and it’s called Path. It’s so easy to download. Just search “Path” in your App Store and it is the first option to come up. Oh, and it’s totally free to download!
Path is a great way to share life and stay connected with family and friends through social networking. It’s been downloaded by millions of people and has a 5-star rating. Millions of people can’t be wrong, can they?
- You can take pictures and videos with special filters and editing.
- You can connect your Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, Instagram, and Foursquare, and post to all of them at once.
- You can search through all of your ‘moments’ with an easy to use Search bar.
- You can update when you’re “asleep” or “awake”.
- You can share the music you’re listening to and people can easily click on it to listen to it.
- You can share the movies you’re watching and it includes info about the movie straight from the Internet.
- You can also share books that you’re reading and it shows the synopsis when you click on it.
- You can do more than just ‘like’ or ‘favorite’ people’s updates. You can smile, laugh, gasp, frown, or love their ‘moments’.
- You can share your activity using Nike+ Running and the Nike+ FuelBand.
- You have to pay for some of the special photo and video filters.
- Your tweets do not import to Path as searchable ‘moments’.
- For the social butterfly, the 150 friend limit is an issue.
- The fact that I get a notification every single time one of my friends updates anything, is a little annoying.
- I don’t like that it shows me exactly which one of my friends looked at my ‘moment’. This just seems incredibly invasive to show what people are looking at.
Path is made up of ‘moments’. These moments are markers in your ‘Path’ through life. Path provides an interesting spin on those regular social networks where the bigger your numbers, the better. Path is a personal journey not to be shared with the masses, but rather with close friends and family.
One of the best things about Path is the privacy it allows you to have. In a world where nothing seems to be private, Path is a welcomed addition. Path is available on the iPhone, iPad, iPad Mini, and Android.
Sarah Rae is a pseudo-sane mom of Irish twin toddlers. She’s juggling life
as a mom, a full-time college student, and a working lady. She’s an extreme
introvert who goes through life speaking mostly in sarcasm. She has a
passion for the written language and aspires to be a “New Adult” novelist.
Blog: Ravings By Rae
Facebook: Ravings By Rae