Meet a CB'er ~ Jay Thornton, VP of Technology & Design
1. How did you get involved with CB?
Actually met Amy at a Social Media Club (#SMCNWA) meeting. A few weeks later, I met/interviewed with John at an SMC social function. The rest was history. My first day of work was at BlogHer in Chicago.
2. What is your favorite thing about CB?
I love the spirit of innovation we all seem to have. Everyone is eager to come to a job that daily puts you out of your comfort zone.
3. Where’s the most exotic place you’ve ever been?
Barcelona? Aruba? wall diving off the coast of the Bahamas? Madison County, Arkansas? It’s hard to pick. they’re all exotic in their own way…
4. If you could go anywhere where would you go?
That one particular harbor…
5. What’s your favorite thing to do when you’re not working?
I love the outdoors. This summer we had lots of family time on the boat, wake boarding, skiing, tubing. During colder months you’ll find me in the woods when I can get away. Vacations are (hopefully) always on some little rock in the middle of the ocean.
6. What’s the last book you read? What’s the last movie you watched?
Probably a technical manual of some sort. I’m working through ‘Fascinate’ by Sally Hogshead in audiobook format at present. As for movies, Red Riding Hood on Apple TV and X-men, First Class at the theater. We’re a big movie family.